Thursday, April 12, 2012

After watching the Babies film in class this week, I realized the consumption choices of parents are drastically different with parents from the United States and other developed countries compared to others around the world. It was interesting to look at the different purchases of books, clothing, games, toys, ect of the babies in San Francisco and Tokyo, as to the babies in Mongolia and Namibia relying basically on necessities. It made me think really hard about all the unnecessary purchases I probably had as a kid (aka 70 barbies, equipped with every accessory a store could offer) and if that really gives you a better sense of childhood. I tied this into a funny clip I have seen on Facebook, called "First World Problems" and I couldn't help but relate it to this film. Hattie is on her toy bike and falls into the sand and the dad rushes to her rescue, while Bayar is all over the place, getting stepped on by cows and playing with sheep, and his mother is nowhere to be found. I can guarantee Hattie's parents would absolutely die if they saw her crawling in the mud, playing in the water trough for the cows. Just one of many examples. Here are some funny example of "First World Problems"......




No comments:

Post a Comment