Monday, April 9, 2012

PROBLEM RECOGNITION



I thought today's wiki on problem recognition was very interesting. I did some research and found other sources for causes of problem recognition. Here were the main ones:
 

1. Out of stock
2. Dissatisfaction
3. New needs/wants
4. Related products/purchases
5. Marketer induced problem recognition
6. New products

This is how consumers become become motivated. Thus, the process of problem recognition means that the consumer becomes aroused and activated to engage in some purposeful purchase decision activity. Here are some examples....

 
 Dissatisfaction/New needs. Maybe I need four-wheel drive....


 Out of Stock. Now I have to go to the store...


   =           

Related Product/Purchases. What Apple products should I buy? Their are so many and they all do the same thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment